Sunday, August 19, 2007

Taking The Plunge...

As the time comes closer, the heart goes pitter-patter (sorry for sounding 'Oh-so English'! but no better word to describe it!). The impending wedding in December that i spoke about earlier has been well-worth the wait. For one, i've discovered that i can be this mean person who screams and cries at the drop of a hat (cellphone might be more apt) and the person i'm about to marry keeps his calm. Infact, it is at times like these when he becomes this loving caring virtuso. He does have his moment and his failings like the countless times when he's promised to wake up and go jogging with me, or invest some of his money in relatively safe investments, things that i'm hopeful will happen some day...

Today he cleaned up my computer table and re-did the wiring so that my PC, laptop and another gadget could all work together. Trust me, i'm greatful!

When you tell people you're engaged, they immediately place you in a category which is something i've been grappling with to this day. You're placed in the 'not available - therefore not hot-therefore invisible-therefore of no consequence box'. Its weird. Okay i understand that i'm not single anymore which clearly is a sign that i;m not available either, but lately i've noticed that my presence being of no consequence as compared to my single counterparts really ticks me off! Like at work, everyone will hear what this single cute chick has to say and when she says lets all go for coffee, everyone goes for coffee. I on the other hand have to cajole my way through *sigh*. The only people who are willing to have coffee with me are the other married women in my office...its like everyone leaves us alone. But the funny thing is, since i'm not yet married, they don't fully accept me in their clan either! So between the singles and the totally married, i am in between worlds.

This whole transition thing is really getting to me, because i often wonder, even after i'm married, i'll still be the same person...but to make sure i'm not categorised differently, i'll have to wear a different attitude alongwith the magalsutra!

1 comment:

Reeta Skeeter said...

Awww... N is a sweetheart indeed... How nice of him to clean your computer table so that you are at ease with your surroundings and able to function in a better way... As far as the categorisation is concerned, I guess it will continue. Why do you bother? Remember no one who does not care for you or pay attention to you is worth a second thought. Be happy and contended with the ones who really ARE around you :) I do that and I am a happy soul :D