Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Today...

Today was the worst of all days...never felt this low...even when things were bad...i never let myself feel so bad...but today, i did.

I had to go attend a class but on my way i changed my mind, bought two ultramilds and began, yet again driving aimlessly with stupid truck drivers staring and honking...

I don't know why but after such a long time i feel compelled to smoke again, i feel like i can't handle things, or i don't want to in a rational manner. Anyway after one and a half hours of driving i decided to visit a lil cafe on arjun marg called sweet obsession.

I just wanted to be alone so in the middle of my second chai this really nice looking man who i assumed, was having his late lunch at 3pm said hello...i responded.

He said, "you're looking sad today..."
"Yeah...we all have our days i guess.."
He came over and sat at my table...His name was David, an american from San Fransisco...he's a spiritual tur guide who comes to India twice a year with an entire group of people...they go to places like rishikesh and calcutta...he lives life on the principles of parmahansa yoginanda...we talked about a lot of things except why i was sad, because that disappeared the moment the conversation began.

I've never spoken so freely with a stranger before but it felt nice.

I had to get up and leave, and though it had been a nice time chatting...we didn't exchange any contact information because i guess we both knew that in life people come and go, what's important is the one moment you share with happiness sans give or take...

It was a lovely afternoon mr. david, i hope you'll always be the smiling cheerful person that you are. You made me feel better.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Reeta Skeeter said...

i dont feature anywhere here :( BTW congrats for turning to beta!!! Happy Blogging!!!

Unknown said...

I've learned that we don't get most of the things we want from life, but like you said "moments of happiness" is what we should look out for. I had a few when you were around. The cafe was great! Thanks a lot for everything. It says that moderation is enabled, please dont approve this, I just felt like writing to you. Hope you get everything you wish for.. in trying to achieve the big goals dont miss out on the things you already have.. Take Care